Window To My Soul

Window To My Soul

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Color Purple

There is just something so beautiful about the color purple.  When I was a little girl I used to think that purple meant abundance and wealth and magnificent beauty.  I would imagine growing up one day and having purple surround me.  I think it all began whenever I saw a painting at a neighbor's house--a beautiful purple rose hanging on her bedroom wall.  She told me that it stood for beauty and wealth and grace.  I wish I had thought to ask her to elaborate, but I was always so drawn to that beautiful, life-like painting of the purple rose and often marveled at its beauty and imagined being surrounded by purple one day.  Then I grew up and my desire for purple seemed to just get lost somewhere along the way.  Yet still, whenever I run across the color purple I have to stop and catch my breath.  Purple says so much to me--love, warmth, beauty, grace, wealth and comfort.
Yes, I guess you can say, I still love the color purple and most likely I always will.