Window To My Soul

Window To My Soul

Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's a Promise (to Me)


So often I strive for this.
Promising myself to be strong,
trying to let NOTHING 
disturb my peace of mind
looking at the sunny side of things
thinking only of the best
and working only for the best
and so often yes,
I do expect the very best...


But maintaining
optimism is so very hard
at times...


Still...
One has to strive 
to never give up,
to never give in
to the pessimism 
that lurks around
every bend.


I can do this!
I can win!
I can BELIEVE
and I can start 
all over again--
I WILL be Strong!
I WILL Look at the Sunny Side of Everything!
I WILL think only of the BEST
and I WILL
EXPECT 
all kinds of 
GOOD AND WONDERFUL
events to take place,
all kinds of 
BEAUTY 
to enter into my world
all kinds of 
WONDER and JOY
to surround me.


See???
I will Never Ever Ever
Give up
(on me).


###